Conversion of Rotational Kinetic Energy to the Hydrodynamic Energy is the primary working principle of Centrifugal Pumps. They are primarily employed for the transport of fluids and are a sub-class of Dynamic Axisymmetric Work-Absorbing TurboMachinery. A Centrifugal Pump consists of an Impeller, A Casing, and an assembly of mechanical subparts. In the more simple manner, we can say that Centrifugal Pump is a machine which uses rotation to impart velocity to fluid and converts velocity into flow motion of the liquid.
Centrifugal Pumps provide advantages like steady delivery, ability to handle all kinds of fluids and can be placed horizontally or vertically. They are much adaptable to high-speed prime movers. They too have their own disadvantages like their relatively poor suction power. In order to overcome this bottleneck, the suction inlets and lines of most of the centrifugal pumps are usually placed below the force of gravity. Centrifugal Pumps also develop Cavitation which in turn forms the vapor pockets, bubbles in the fluid. This scenario at extreme levels can cause the corrosion of Impeller surfaces and sometimes pump casing too.
Centrifugal Pumps are the preferable pump varieties and an integral part of the industrial sectors like Water Desalination Plants, Mining, Petrochemical Industries, Pharmaceutical sector, Diaries, Chemical and Process industries, etc. They also find extensive usage for the applications like Paints, Cellulose, Food and Beverage production, Hydrocarbons, Sugar refining and many more.
Below are some points to be noted before buying a Centrifugal Pumps for your hydronic applications.
1. Flexible Pumps with effectively designed Coupler Guards are the preferred options.
2. The pump should have a true back-pullout design which allows the pump without moving the motor.
3. Solid-foot mounted volute pumps are the favorite as they can help you to maintain pump alignment in a perfect manner.
4. Centrifugal Pumps should have Drop-out Spacer Coupling which gives us the scope for the removal of the bearing frame and rotational element without touching the electrical wirings and pump’s alignment.
5. We have to consider the specifications of Trolley and Gantry for Inline pumps.
6. Carefully observe the Double Suction Pump Pipe Orientation which can effectively curb the possibility of cavitation’s occurrence.
7. Look for a pump which is sound both in terms of hydraulic design considerations and mechanical design details too.
8. Accurate System Head Curve of the Centrifugal Pump is also another key concern.
9. Finally, the Centrifugal Pump Price should be economically affordable for all types of requirements.